Standard Cake Email Form?

Business By DisneyDreamer Updated 29 Mar 2012 , 1:50am by cakegrandma

DisneyDreamer Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:33am
post #1 of 2

I've been getting emails about doing cakes for people but Im never sure what questions to ask and make it efficient to find out what they want and to get the best information across???? Now that I have a commercial kitchen to use Im trying to be as professional as possible.

Any advice?

1 reply
cakegrandma Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:50am
post #2 of 2

I would ask the occasion, its date, budget, how many people. From that point you can continue on with confidence, is the date open for you, getting the budget helps you not go overboard with decorations. No sense talking about gumpaste flowers at 3-5 dollars each when they need 50 flowers, it may be well out of their dollars that are set aside for the cake.
At this point then you can ask questions such as the recipients age if for a BD, flavors they would like and if they want a filling. The might think they want fondant and can not stay within the budget if it is a 5 tier wedding cake. Everything you ask is like a part of a puzzle that enables you to guide them to the best choice for the money they want to spend.
Write the questions you need answers to so you don't forget any and write their answers for you to work off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%