Cake Dummies

Decorating By sweet_cravings Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 7:17pm by sweet_cravings

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 8

1st timer for using cake dummies... Ordered set last night... Now I want to know what you use on them.. i mean do u use real icing/fondant on it or fake ones... If fake, how much it costs?.. Don't want to spend much $$ on stuff which is only for display/photo shoot purpose...

7 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 8

For short-term use, just use real icing. You can easily scrape if off to reuse for the next photo shoot.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 8

I use Wilton fondant.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 8

I suggest learning how to make MMF. Cheap to make and easy to use. a number of recipies on here for it. have some fun and try a few. icon_biggrin.gif

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 8

Me too, I just use Wilton fondant or all shortening buttercream (no butter, milk or flavourings) and then your faux cakes should last a long long time.
A tip too... take the dummies and push the edges against the counter so they are just a touch rounded so then the fondant won't rip as it goes over the edge. I hope you know what I mean. icon_smile.gif

pbuder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbuder Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 8

Should you cover the dummy with saran wrap or anything to make it reuseable? Or how do you clean it between uses?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuder

Should you cover the dummy with saran wrap or anything to make it reuseable? Or how do you clean it between uses?

I just wash my dummies with dishwashing liquid to clean, and I personally like to use press n seal to wrap them up in. I like how neat I can make it, then I pack them into a storage box which is labeled with the size and design of the dummies inside.

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 7:17pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks a LOTT ladies...It was a GREATTT help...
This site is SO good..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%