Help With 4 Tier Cheesecake And Chocolate Wedding Cake

Decorating By theredhead39 Updated 29 Mar 2012 , 7:53am by scp1127

theredhead39 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a cheesecake and chocolate wedding cake. The cake will be 12,10,8, and 6 square... Has anyone made cheesecake wedding cakes before? Are there any tips I need to know? This will be a stacked construction covered with MMF also. The cheesecake will be on the bottom and the chocolate cake on top of each cheescake layer. The bride wants the chocolate layers to be almost like a brownie, but not quite as fudgy. I think I am mainly concerned about stability and the cake holding up. Thanks for any advice.

1 reply
scp1127 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:53am
post #2 of 2

I make cheesecake cakes but I torte the cake and the cheesecake. I have always had the cake on the bottom, cheesecake in the middle, but any way will work.

When you make the cheesecake and cool it, freeze it for about 1/2 hour. Then hold the pan over a burner to soften the butter in the crust. Now you can use a cake mover to remove it from the springform pan bottom and put it on a cake board. Don't bake the cheesecake on the cake board as some people do. The crust needs to be on the metal or glass bottom to bake correctly. I don't even use parchment.

The cake will be sturdy and with correct supports, will do a well as an all-cake tier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%