Mean Spirt

Lounge By sugarpixy Updated 29 Mar 2012 , 8:42pm by cakelady2266

sugarpixy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpixy Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 7

Why is there a pervasive mean spirit especially towards new members on Cake Central? Sometimes we make mistakes and post things in the wrong area or ask "silly" questions. With out fail there is always someone who has to jump on another member to make themselves feel better.

I hope that everyone has a nice positive day! Cake decorating and sugar art is such a wonderful discipline that makes people so happy we should be encouraging each other and spread happiness.

6 replies
heynannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heynannie Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 4:13am
post #2 of 7

<333><
LOVIN CC and ALL the crumbs that come with it!....REALLY

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 11:17am
post #3 of 7

sugarpixy,

I hope you know it's just some people who are like that. Most of us are here to help. icon_cool.gif

And by the way, your cakes are beautiful! I will look you up for a cake when my husband and I go on vacation, possibly at the end of next year!

Annie

sugarpixy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarpixy Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks! I would love to meet a fellow CC member. I am so isolated form the cake world out here!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 7

May I come too? I love the Caymans!

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 7

Oh I d ove to.meet you in the Caymans .Never been But Iam going to vaction there one day .
I m fairly knew here also . I can bake .Im just a novice decorator.But the wealth of information is much greater than a few unhappy souls.Its best to not respond to negativity . But I have been guility of calling them out myself .

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 8:42pm
post #7 of 7

Sometimes it's just like school, be mean to the new kid. I don't know but when a "newbie" post there are some that feel compelled to squish them underfoot. Maybe it makes them feel superior in their cake knowledge, who knows. Maybe they can be mean here because they are anonymous on here.

But welcome to Cake Central. If someone is mean to you stand your ground and don't let them get the best of you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%