Cake Stand + Questions Help

Decorating By believer Updated 28 Mar 2012 , 9:17pm by CWR41

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 5

For a wedding cake the base cake is 16 inch. Would I use a 19 or 22 inch cake stand. First wedding cake a little nervous. The cake is 4 tiers 16, 14, 10 and 6. White buttercream with the wilton tailored tier cake display set. I want to write inspiration words on the cake using tappits. Do you think the words would show if I use white fondant. I am using white fondant roses with the edges dust with pink petal dust.

4 replies
jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 5

I would go with the larger size if you can afford it as it will give you more room for the flowers. I love the look of white piping on white fondant or bc. I think it's very elegant. I think however that since you are doing words, you will lose them a bit with the white on white. How about dusting the edges of the letters with the pink petal dust as well? It will help them stand out a little and tie them in with the roses.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 5

You could also pearl dust your letters and they will stand out more but still be tone on tone.

believer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
believer Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I will get the larger stand. I like the idea of dust lettering pink. My handwriting is terrible. Thanks,

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by believer

For a wedding cake the base cake is 16 inch. Would I use a 19 or 22 inch cake stand.

I'd use a 20" base for a 16" cake.

It also depends on what type of stand... if it's a pedestal stand, I wouldn't consider putting a cake that large on top of it, and, if it's a stand made specifically for cake, I'd read the weight limit because if it's footed the feet may collapse if it's overloaded.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%