Make Stand A Fondant Heart On The Top Of A Cake

Decorating By besma Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 11:06am by besma

besma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
besma Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 11:39am
post #1 of 5

hi everyone , i have to do a wedding cupcake (250 cupcakes ) and a 8'' cake on the top , litchi flavour , the bride wants to have fondant heart with initials like this picture, my issues is that i don't know how to make stand the heart on top , how long i have to let it dry , if someone could help , it's my first wedding cake i'm pretty nervouse

thank you
LL

4 replies
prettycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycupcake Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 5

Congratulations on your first wedding cake order! In my opinion it is better to make it out of gumpaste and you would need to run a floral wire threw it for more support. I would say to let it dry out as long as possible maybe a week or more if you have the time. If you must make it from fondant knead in some tylose(CMC) so it may harden better. Good luck!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 5

i would also cut it out of gumpaste one week ahead of time to let it dry hard,but i usually use a lolly pop stick or a wooden dowel and "glue" it to the back with some melted chocolate,let it dry for a couple minutes, and stick into cake.

citygirldesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygirldesserts Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 5

I would do the same as prior poster. I would also make two hearts and "glue" them to each other on the stick so to hide the stick and give it a 360 feel, jmo.

besma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
besma Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 11:06am
post #5 of 5

thanks you a lot for all your answers , it's very helpful , i'll post the pictures of cake when i'll finish it , thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%