Inexpensive Way To Store/package Cakes

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 28 Mar 2012 , 12:48am by Ashleyssweetdesigns

trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering what some ways are that you wrap your cakes to keep them fresh after you decorate them...

What do you put them in to deliver??

I am just looking for some inexpensive ways to keep my cake from drying out too much after I decorate it and was wondering if anyone could share with me what they do. =)

3 replies
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 4

I cover my cakes with fondant. I dont wrap them in anything or box them. There too big. I just place them in the frig when there completed. My cakes never dry out the fondant seals in the moisture. As far as delivering I transport them in large or medium size moving type boxes. I buy the ones from home depot there in expensive.

trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyssweetdesigns

I cover my cakes with fondant. I dont wrap them in anything or box them. There too big. I just place them in the frig when there completed. My cakes never dry out the fondant seals in the moisture. As far as delivering I transport them in large or medium size moving type boxes. I buy the ones from home depot there in expensive.

I only do buttercream for my cakes... Would that apply the same way as fondant with not having to be covered?

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 28 Mar 2012 , 12:48am
post #4 of 4

I've done BC cakes in the past not as many as fondant but I have and it applies the same way. I've never had any issues. The only time I would advise wrapping the cake is if a bride and groom lets say want to save there top tier of there wedding cake. They can put the top tier which is usually 6 inch so its small enough for a cake box and then wrap the box in saran wrap very tightly BC or fondant cake its the same for both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%