Help! Imbc Emergency!!!!

Decorating By lrlt2000 Updated 26 Mar 2012 , 2:05pm by lilmissbakesalot

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

I doubled a batch of IMBC and the meringue (whites and sugar syrup) are in mixer now. But it's TOO HIGH to add the 12 sticks of butter!!!!! What should I do!? Do you think it will reduce enough when I first add the butter to hold all of the finished product? If not, WHAT DO I DO!!???

Oy. You know those weeks where EVERYTHING goes wrong!? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 8

If you have everything except butter in and well mixed, take out half, half your butter and go from there, then add in the puffed egg whites a little at a time and then the rest of the butter.

lrlt2000 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 8

LOL, I like your signature icon_wink.gif

Thanks, but I already dumped the whole lot in. I whipped for literally 30 minutes, holding ice packs around the bowl, but it still won't come together. I guess the large volume held onto a lot of heat. I put it into the fridge, in hopes I can get it to come together after re-whipping. icon_sad.gif

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 8

If you've got it all incorporated and it's not coming together I would still half it and whip it in batches, that would take care of the heat problem also.

lrlt2000 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 8

YAY! After about 20 minutes in the fridge, it eventually came together icon_wink.gif I have a 7.5 quart mixer, and even after incorporated, it came up to the paddle shield :/

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 8

Oh I've been there too... converting my SMBC recipe to IMBC and realizing that the Italian version makes the eggs whip up WAY more *after* you already are adding the sugar syrup... messy messy messy... LOL. Thankfully I have 2 mixers and just shoved some of it in the other mixer and combined both after the butter went in. LOL

Glad to see it came together for you.

lrlt2000 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 8

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! It did come together, but it's getting UNSTABLE at room temp!!!!! OMG. I don't know what I'm going to do. This cake is huge. All tiers are in the fridge, but I'm afraid to take them out and add more weight with fondant! I'm hoping the fondant dries up and sets a bit, so the cake and IMBC stay put.

And the client is picking it up at 9am and driving 3 hours with it. Then the party doesn't even start until 2pm!!!!

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 8

Oh no... I have been away for a few days and I didn't see this until now. I hope it all went okay for the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%