Support For Characters On Cake/ Chocolate Ganache/ Double St

Decorating By soapy_hopie Updated 30 Mar 2012 , 1:40pm by soapy_hopie

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 3

I made a cake with minions and the other guy from the movie (it is my profile picture at the moment) and I used noodles to attach them to the cake (the noodles were in there bodies and came out there feet and inserted in to the cake). It was a little bit hard to transport as some of the noodles broke. I am not super comfortable with using toothpicks as they are the same thickness as noddles and they may snap off in the cake as well (and it is not safe to eat a toothpick) What else can I do to support them on the cake? Any suggestions please.

I am also wondering what the texture of chocolate ganache is suppose to be like? I made chocolate ganache for the middle of the minion cake and it was kinda like the texture of fudge (I think that is a little bit to firm to be in the middle of the cake) the left over chocolate ganache that I had remaining I added some more cream to it to make it more like a pudding texture. But I am not sure what the texture is suppose to be as I have never eaten it before.

I bought a clear vanilla the other day, I did not notice that is id double strength vanilla. So I was wondering if something calls for 1tsp can I use 1/2 tsp since it is double strength?

I am sorry the post is so long thank-you for reading it.

2 replies
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 3

I sometimes use wooden skewers for my characters with a bit of RI between the body and the cake to act as a glue. A bag of skewers(for kabobs)is very inexpensive and can be cut down to size easily.
If you are using ganache as a filling it will harden to a fudge-y consistancey but not hard like a chocolate candy.
Not sure about the vanilla but if you google it I'm sure you'll find an answer if no one here can help. : )

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, for the advise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%