New Mixer

Decorating By jjohnson2610 Updated 23 Mar 2012 , 2:56pm by cashley

jjohnson2610 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjohnson2610 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:10am
post #1 of 7

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what kind of mixer is a good investment/purchase? The one I have is handed down from my grandma so its about 40+ years and its starting to putz out. I have looked into Oster (that is that one I am currently using) and the reviews on the new ones make them seem not to promising. I have looked into and tried the Bosch mixers but unsure of them. So any suggestions on a brand of mixer would be helpful.

6 replies
mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:24am
post #2 of 7

Kitchen Aid! 6 Qt mixer is perfect. you can easily make a double batch of batter in it.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:41am
post #3 of 7

I have the Kitchenaid 4.5 and 6 qt. mixers. I have not had any problems with them. If you decide on a Kitchenaid mixer and can wait till Black Friday in November, there are alot of sales on the 4.5 qt size. Macys and a few other stores had them for half price. There might have been sales on the other sizes and brands, but I am not sure. Maybe someone else can chime in .

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 4:30am
post #4 of 7

Kohl's right now has the Kitchen Aid Pro 6 Qt 575 Watt mixer on sale for $399 with the chance to earn Kohl's cash of $10 for each $50 spent, to be redeemed the following week. If you have a Kohl's card you should get a coupon for anywhere between 15%-30% off, even sale prices. Regular price is $459.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 12:44pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_789

Kohl's right now has the Kitchen Aid Pro 6 Qt 575 Watt mixer on sale for $399 with the chance to earn Kohl's cash of $10 for each $50 spent, to be redeemed the following week. If you have a Kohl's card you should get a coupon for anywhere between 15%-30% off, even sale prices. Regular price is $459.

I <3 kohls. I have a 30% right now! That would make it $279 and almost $30 in kohls cash.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 7

I have a 7 qt Cuisinart and love it! I've had it for almost a year now and have had no problems whatsoever. It also has a timer on it that has been very useful. Can't remember the price, but did get it on sale and with a discount coupon, so that helped. It's comparable to the KitchenAid in price I think. I had a KitchenAid that I was using before that and still use it from time to time...just needed a larger bowl to mix in and wasn't happy with all the negative feedback on KitchenAid at the time. If you can get an older KitchenAid refurbished that would be a good purchase, too, but I wouldn't trade my Cuisinart for anything now!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:56pm
post #7 of 7

I have had a Kitchenaid for about 6 years, My daughter wanted a mixer to move out and I bought her the Breville. I am now going to sell my kitchenaid to buy one as it is so much better than a kitchenaid. It comes with the spatula blade, timer and all the accessories. It is quieter than any mixer I have heard you can stand beside it and talk on the phone while it is working.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%