Adirondack Chair Need Help

Decorating By cashley Updated 22 Mar 2012 , 9:37pm by madsfish

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I am making a beach theme cake and wanted to make adirondack chairs. The tutorial on here is blurry and I am having a hard time reading it. Does anyone have any ideas?

I also did cut out gumpaste pieces for one chair and let them dry and I could not get them to stick together with gumpaste glue.

Any ideas to help me out would be greatly appreciated..

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 12:16am
post #2 of 6
ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 1:15am
post #3 of 6

Hi Cashly, I have been searching for the CC tutoria you are talking about but can't find it....what is the link? Maybe I can try to help or at least gather some info from it for you

cashley Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

Do you mean a chair like this one? http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com.es/2010/06/lifes-beach.html

Hi thanks I did make this one as a back up if I could not get the others to work.

cashley Posted 21 Mar 2012 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladij153

Hi Cashly, I have been searching for the CC tutoria you are talking about but can't find it....what is the link? Maybe I can try to help or at least gather some info from it for you

This is the template I was talking about
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1708166/at-the-beach?sub=1716241

madsfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madsfish Posted 22 Mar 2012 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Cashley,
I tried to use this template to make this chair. It did not work out too well. Some pieces were too long and some were too short. I used melted white chocolate to glue some pieces in place. I did use the pattern as a reference but modified it so it would stay together.

I felt like such a failure my husband ended up helping me because he thought I didn't measure correctly. My dd who is five is sitting with me and saw the chair and said not that cake again that takes like a month to make. lol Best of luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%