I've Just Been Diagnosed With Shingles:(

Lounge By ptanyer Updated 20 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm by Ursula40

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 4

I think we may have caught it early, but not within the first 72 hours as recommended. Started medication today, and had to take several days off from my full time job so I can stay at home and rest. Can't take the painkiller that was prescribed for me because narcotics make me throw up, even though they take the edge off the pain. Now I have to call a few people and cancel their cake orders, and I sooo wished I didn't have to because I was really looking forward to doing them. icon_sad.gif

3 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 4

So sorry to hear this. I can sympathize with you. Just take your time and don't stress (which makes it worse) and don't over exert (which makes it worse). Rest and rest and rest some more. Why is it we have to rest when we least feel like it?
icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 4

Uggh you poor thing, just cancel everything and REST!!!

You just cannot help some things in life, you do not want to pass anything on, so do NOT waste any tought about it.. Take care of yourself and just explain as short as possible, you are ill, and as much as you would love to make the orders, you do not want to infect anyone, no further explanation needed

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%