Client Brought Sick Kid To Tasting... Vent!

Decorating By nhbaker Updated 11 Jun 2012 , 1:35am by Bluehue

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 10:26am
post #31 of 36

ughhhh - the mind boggles at how some think we all NEED to be in the company of thier little darlings - even when little darlings are ill.

Some mothers - icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.giftapedshut.gif

Bluehue

Chrissythesugarmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrissythesugarmommy Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 9:40pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

ughhhh - the mind boggles at how some think we all NEED to be in the company of thier little darlings - even when little darlings are ill.

Some mothers - icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.giftapedshut.gif

Bluehue

I personally dont feel the need to be around my children at all times. I personally would have left my children with one of my many options of a caretaker if I had the opportunity and wouldnt have brought my sick child out of the house. BUT I still could see where some people would 1) not have the childcare for 3 children to work around this or 2) still want the children to have an opportunity to have an opinion regarding the cake.

I, being a non clingy, well balanced mother, can simply imagine that there are some people that feel that this isnt just the rudest thing that anyone has ever seen and how dare those ghastly horrible parents yada yada yada. The chance of 50 people at a wedding getting sick because a sick child was in a kitchen for a tasting, after a kitchen has been reasonably wiped down is not likely. But it is a guarantee that a child who is already not feeling well, will be made to feel ashamed and uncomfortable, possibly even scared after being forced to vomit in a strange persons bushes. Honestly, if there is a child around touching things, you have germs being spread at all times. Moreover, neither a child or an adult have to be visably ill to be carrying around the live germs of any given virus or illness. This is an every day job of any baker is to clean because of this. So I personally think that if you know you are not understanding when it comes to children, and all that children in general bring to the table- then you should just stick to your policy of not allowing children. Because it is not unreasonable to expect that everyone else isnt going to feel the same as you, and there are some people who would be just as offended by your actions as you were at theirs. Like I said, it is just a difference of opinion. In this life there are less than ideal situations that we deal with, and some people would trump compassion towards an ill child over the possibility that after you have reasonably disinfected your kitchen, that someone else would get ill as a result.

And I dont think that anyone who doesnt agree should be labeled as some needy mother with a nest of kids. We are all entitled to our opinions respectfully, and I see how this can be viewed both ways. I just always welcome the opportunity to see something from another persons view and wanted to bring that to the table.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 10:12pm
post #33 of 36

I love my kid. I love taking her places. But I cannot understand this
"Our children are an integral part of the wedding planning process."
I get having your children be an integral part of the wedding DAY, but the planning process?
I know they think to themselves "hey, free cake!", but I would next time volunteer and extra sample to go so the kids can be part of the process on their own time.

SoFloGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoFloGuy Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 10:49pm
post #34 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmat

I love my kid. I love taking her places. But I cannot understand this
"Our children are an integral part of the wedding planning process."
I get having your children be an integral part of the wedding DAY, but the planning process?
I know they think to themselves "hey, free cake!", but I would next time volunteer and extra sample to go so the kids can be part of the process on their own time.

In the old days most kids were born after the wedding. icon_biggrin.gif

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 10 Jun 2012 , 11:12pm
post #35 of 36

Preach it!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Jun 2012 , 1:35am
post #36 of 36

Cleaning bench tops and door knobs and chairs etc etc etc is all very good and well

My concern reading this thread was - the OP catching whatever Child A had -
That is where i believe the Mother was thoughtless in bringing a sick child into someone else's home.

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%