Cupcake Stands For 100+ Cupcakes

Business By cakeRocket Updated 24 Apr 2013 , 7:32pm by ellavanilla

cakeRocket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeRocket Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 11

This is a general question to all the other fellow cake decorators who have purchased cupcake stands for over 100+ cupcakes. I've been looking around and haven't been able to find any sturdy enough cupcake stands that will hold over 100 cupcakes. I have found some that are cardboard and acrylic but i'm looking for something more sturdy like ceramic or even metal. Does anyone know a good place to start looking? Thanks in advance for your advice icon_wink.gif

10 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 11

Put "fairy cake stand" into a google image search. The frist one that comes up is a very sturdy (acrylic) style and you can buy the basic set then additional plates to hold more (and they sell HUGE ones!)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 11

Here's a link to a current Wilton.com thread about cupcake stands. It has some photos and may meet your needs.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=160708

tamimccloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamimccloud Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 3:13am
post #4 of 11

I just purchased one from The Smart Baker because I saw them on an episode of Shark Tank. I got to admit, I love it! It was reasonably priced and it came with a storage bag to store it in wihen it's broke down. I think I will be investing in a few more to rent out to my customers.

Apti Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 4:41am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamimccloud

I just purchased one from The Smart Baker because I saw them on an episode of Shark Tank. I got to admit, I love it! It was reasonably priced and it came with a storage bag to store it in wihen it's broke down. I think I will be investing in a few more to rent out to my customers.

What did you purchase? Could you post a link or photo? Will "it" hold 100 cupcakes?

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 11

I had a 5 tier wood cupcake stand made for me. The bottom tier is on a lazy susan so it spins for easy access to the cupcakes in the back of the stand. Also, the top 3 tiers are one piece and the bottom 2 are another. They fit together with little pegs. That way if someone has a small order they can can the top 3 tiers only.

Check out the pictures in my gallery to see the stand.

Apti Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311

I had a 5 tier wood cupcake stand made for me. The bottom tier is on a lazy susan so it spins for easy access to the cupcakes in the back of the stand. Also, the top 3 tiers are one piece and the bottom 2 are another. They fit together with little pegs. That way if someone has a small order they can can the top 3 tiers only.
Check out the pictures in my gallery to see the stand.

I just looked at your photos and 1) your work is beautiful. I'd be proud to have any of those at a wedding in my family. 2) The ideas to put the stand on a Lazy Susan and have the top 3 tiers separate is inspired.

Where did you get the idea for the construction? Who do you get to make you a stand like that? Did you tell someone the specific design, measurements, etc. or just hire a cabinet maker? I can tell the way it was done, but don't have any skills/tools for that kind of work.

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecandlehandlers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecandlehandlers Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 11

Look at www.thecupcaketower.com. I just ordered one from them and I am anxious to receive it.

sacraglow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacraglow Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti 

What did you purchase? Could you post a link or photo? Will "it" hold 100 cupcakes?

This plastic cupcake stand is by the smart baker and it does hold 100 cupcakes.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 7:30pm
post #11 of 11

I just bought the smart baker stand too!! the beauty is that, fully assembled, it holds a ton of cuppies, but it also comes with extra feet so you can assemble any size!

I LOVE IT. for the price and the value, I'd buy all of them! It was $60 on Amazon with free shipping.

3 dz cupcakes

5 dz regular, 3 dz mini and a 6 inch topper, and there was PLENTY of room for more in the back

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%