Cupcake Stands For 100+ Cupcakes

Business By cakeRocket Updated 24 Apr 2013 , 7:32pm by ellavanilla

cakeRocket Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 11

This is a general question to all the other fellow cake decorators who have purchased cupcake stands for over 100+ cupcakes. I've been looking around and haven't been able to find any sturdy enough cupcake stands that will hold over 100 cupcakes. I have found some that are cardboard and acrylic but i'm looking for something more sturdy like ceramic or even metal. Does anyone know a good place to start looking? Thanks in advance for your advice icon_wink.gif

10 replies
KoryAK Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 11

Put "fairy cake stand" into a google image search. The frist one that comes up is a very sturdy (acrylic) style and you can buy the basic set then additional plates to hold more (and they sell HUGE ones!)

Apti Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 11

Here's a link to a current Wilton.com thread about cupcake stands. It has some photos and may meet your needs.

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=160708

tamimccloud Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 3:13am
post #4 of 11

I just purchased one from The Smart Baker because I saw them on an episode of Shark Tank. I got to admit, I love it! It was reasonably priced and it came with a storage bag to store it in wihen it's broke down. I think I will be investing in a few more to rent out to my customers.

Apti Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 4:41am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamimccloud

I just purchased one from The Smart Baker because I saw them on an episode of Shark Tank. I got to admit, I love it! It was reasonably priced and it came with a storage bag to store it in wihen it's broke down. I think I will be investing in a few more to rent out to my customers.




What did you purchase? Could you post a link or photo? Will "it" hold 100 cupcakes?

cai0311 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 11

I had a 5 tier wood cupcake stand made for me. The bottom tier is on a lazy susan so it spins for easy access to the cupcakes in the back of the stand. Also, the top 3 tiers are one piece and the bottom 2 are another. They fit together with little pegs. That way if someone has a small order they can can the top 3 tiers only.

Check out the pictures in my gallery to see the stand.

Apti Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 9:20pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311

I had a 5 tier wood cupcake stand made for me. The bottom tier is on a lazy susan so it spins for easy access to the cupcakes in the back of the stand. Also, the top 3 tiers are one piece and the bottom 2 are another. They fit together with little pegs. That way if someone has a small order they can can the top 3 tiers only.
Check out the pictures in my gallery to see the stand.




I just looked at your photos and 1) your work is beautiful. I'd be proud to have any of those at a wedding in my family. 2) The ideas to put the stand on a Lazy Susan and have the top 3 tiers separate is inspired.

Where did you get the idea for the construction? Who do you get to make you a stand like that? Did you tell someone the specific design, measurements, etc. or just hire a cabinet maker? I can tell the way it was done, but don't have any skills/tools for that kind of work.

thecandlehandlers Posted 26 Mar 2012 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 11

Look at www.thecupcaketower.com. I just ordered one from them and I am anxious to receive it.

sacraglow Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti 




What did you purchase? Could you post a link or photo? Will "it" hold 100 cupcakes?

This plastic cupcake stand is by the smart baker and it does hold 100 cupcakes.

ellavanilla Posted 24 Apr 2013 , 7:30pm
post #11 of 11

I just bought the smart baker stand too!! the beauty is that, fully assembled, it holds a ton of cuppies, but it also comes with extra feet so you can assemble any size!

 

I LOVE IT. for the price and the value, I'd buy all of them! It was $60 on Amazon with free shipping.

 

 

3 dz cupcakes

 

5 dz regular, 3 dz mini and a 6 inch topper, and there was PLENTY of room for more in the back

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%