Wasc Problems Since Dh Changed Their Mix???

Baking By handovertheasparagus Updated 18 Mar 2012 , 4:38am by handovertheasparagus

handovertheasparagus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handovertheasparagus Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 3:51am
post #1 of 4

I love the WASC recipe and I use it often, but yesterday was the first time I have made WASC since DH changed their mix. When I served and ate the cake the texture was wrong...it was denser and sort of gummy-not at all what I am used to. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the changed mix, but I thought I would ask.

Has anyone else had this problem? The only variation to the basic recipe was that I omitted the almond extract and I added a box of pudding, but I have done this before more than once with no problem. Suggestions?

3 replies
SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 4:13am
post #2 of 4

Yes depending on the mix flavor you are losing just over 1/3 cup of flour/sugar/etc due to the new size, per box . This messes with the delicate ratio balance that creates a great cake. Buy an extra box and add the necessary extra to get it to the old 18.25 weight. For me it ended up being just over 1/3 cup. Hth.

pc2420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pc2420 Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 4:28am
post #3 of 4

I had same problem, and mine was soooo bad I had to dump whole thing, batter was way to lose. I used pillsbury mix on second try, didn't taste great but I added some pineapple filling and was sort of ok... was the ugliest cake I've ever baked ... I wanted to cry ,thought that 2nd batch had failed as well but after frosting and refrigerating for a bit was edible . Kids loved it icon_smile.gif)..

handovertheasparagus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handovertheasparagus Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 4:38am
post #4 of 4

Oh, awesome! I will definitely try that. Thanks!

I'm so miffed that they changed their mix!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%