How To Print Small Letters

Baking By Charmed Updated 18 Mar 2012 , 3:20pm by Charmed

Charmed Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 11

I want to make cupcake toppers in shape of a business card. My problem is how to do the writings on the card. because the card topper is already small. The card is 3 inces and I made the logo from foam(stamp it on gum paste) but I don't know how to print the name of the business on such a small piece of gumpaste...I don't want to write the name by hand (too many of them!!) I tried to find a mini alphabet stamps but even the smallest weren't small enough...I need help icon_cry.gif

10 replies
MsGF Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 11

Write it on with edible marker. They come in lots of colors and the tips are fine enough to write tiny.

HTH

tiggy2 Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 11

I'd use an edible image printer on frosting sheets and apply them to gumpaste cards.

Charmed Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:11am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I'd use an edible image printer on frosting sheets and apply them to gumpaste cards.

I wish I had an edible printer....

Charmed Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:15am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGF

Write it on with edible marker. They come in lots of colors and the tips are fine enough to write tiny.

HTH

\\\\\\

Like I said in my post there are a lot of them (There are 120 cupcakes) so it is going to be too hard to write them by hand....anyone else has any suggestions please icon_biggrin.gif

sillywabbitz Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:34am
post #6 of 11

Where are you located? Most cake supply shops will print an edible image for you. It may be worth it. The only thought I have is to make another stamp. Tiny writing is hard. Heck writing is hardicon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:36am
post #7 of 11

Grocery stores and Walmart will also print them for you

Charmed Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:47am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Where are you located? Most cake supply shops will print an edible image for you. It may be worth it. The only thought I have is to make another stamp. Tiny writing is hard. Heck writing is hardicon_smile.gif

Sillywabbits, I tried to make a stamp from foam but my God the letters are so tiny I couldn't cut them icon_biggrin.gif I tried cuticle scissors and tried to cut them with craft knife it didn't work icon_cry.gif

ajwonka Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:52am
post #9 of 11

I'd do edible images too. My cake supply store will print an 8.5" x 11" (non-copyright) for $7. With the size of your toppers you could get several on a sheet.

sillywabbitz Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:59am
post #10 of 11

Charmed, how are your piping skills? You could take a square of foam pipe the image in reverse in royal icing and let it dry and use that as your stamp. I would make two because the royal may break off over time.

Charmed Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 3:20pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Charmed, how are your piping skills? You could take a square of foam pipe the image in reverse in royal icing and let it dry and use that as your stamp. I would make two because the royal may break off over time.

that is an idea! I will try it...thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%