Friday Night Cake Club 3/16/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 18 Mar 2012 , 1:48am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 1:06am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone! Opening up another session of the FNCC. I'm starting it early because I'm completely sick and heading back to bed in a few minutes. Thankfully I only had a demo cake I was working on and my next order isn't due till Wednesday so I have the time to be sick. UGH.

What are you all working on?

Cat

5 replies
bologna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bologna Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 1:24am
post #2 of 6

Cake Tasting / Open House this weekend. We hold it at the bridal studio of an event planner we do a lot of work with. So umpteen flavors and fillings. A lot of brides, fiances, and moms, but in the end it is always fun.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 4:31am
post #3 of 6

Umpteen night over here, too. I've been decorating cookies all day. I'm finally down to the little details. I feel like I've been coloring and adjusting consistency of royal icing for hours and hours!

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 6:56am
post #4 of 6

Birthday cakes for this weekend and strangely enough I have a customer who once was a student of mine, She now does her own cakes but won't make her own fondant and doesn't like the premade one out there. So she orders it from me.

She usually orders 2 batches or more but sometimes I wish she would just make her own.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Mar 2012 , 7:00am
post #5 of 6

Oh, auntginn, that is funny!

I'm giving up for the night. The lion cookies aren't dry enough yet to pipe the manes on. A couple of hours of work in the morning will be worth going to bed now.

Safe deliveries, y'all!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 18 Mar 2012 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

Wow...looks like everyone was really busy last night! I had just the one cake and got up this morning early to finish it! Still sick but nothing like yesterday. UGH. Glad I don't have to start baking for the next order till Monday.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%