What Is This Style Of Painting/drawing Called?

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 16 Mar 2012 , 12:55am by ptanyer

ptanyer Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 7

I love the effect of the painting/drawing as on this cake: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2059455/hand-painted-black-and-white-wedding-cake. Does anyone know what it is called? I would like to read up on it but haven't been able to find anything. I found lots of examples, but no instructions or demos.

Thanks in advance for the help!


6 replies
icer101 Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, that is a beautiful cake. I seen it the other week. I know if you p/m this person, they will be more than happy to tell you. I do this all the time when i want and need to know something. lol!!

gbbaker Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 7

It looks like gelpaste (mixed with vodka)painted with a small fine tip brush(artist brush)

ingy Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 7

she says she drew the pattern and also used petal dust and vodka

shanter Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 11:54pm
post #6 of 7

This is a British instructional video, but it covers the method. For "rejuvenating spirits" we in the US would use lemon extract or vodka (because they dry very quickly and don't melt into the fondant) with powdered color or colored gel.

ptanyer Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 12:55am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the replies icon_smile.gif Flourishes are what I kept running across, and tattoo drawings. Guess I will start downloading flourishes and print some out to practice with thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%