Kids= Cake Decorating

Lounge By Maydo Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 6:21pm by shuswapcakes

Maydo Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 6

I guess I just can't control my kids. I really want to make ONE cake myself- ONE, the penguin/igloo cake, for a party.
I can't keep them away. Yes, I've tried giving them their own, but the white and black is all over and it just takes one little touch to mess it up. I tried sending them outside for a while, but it is cold and windy.
They want attention , which , I guess is more important. I'm the only one that really cares about the cake, I can stick plastic penguins in it and everyone will still like it. I'm lucky to have them . I guess I feel better

5 replies
jgifford Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

Understandable. As much as we love the little darlings, sometimes we wish they would just go away. But then they do. Enjoy them now, mom, even when they drive you nuts. icon_wink.gif

traci_doodle Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 6

This is precisely why I only work on my cakes when my kids are asleep! It helps to spread the work out over several days.

Maydo Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

I've thought about working on cakes when they are asleep, then I have no time with my husband, and hat does not work for me. So I'm happy but I still have no cake.

traci_doodle Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 6

My hubby and I like to watch a lot of tv/movies (yea, we're not very creative) and since my kitchen and living room are connected, we usually watch a movie together while I work on the cake. This works for us, but I know it's not for everyone.

shuswapcakes Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

What if you're hubby took them out for ice cream/movie etc.. for an hour or two so you could work on your cake? Or maybe a sleep over at a friends house? I totally understand trying to sneak in a little "you and cake" time, it's hard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%