Kids= Cake Decorating

Lounge By Maydo Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 6:21pm by shuswapcakes

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 6

I guess I just can't control my kids. I really want to make ONE cake myself- ONE, the penguin/igloo cake, for a party.
I can't keep them away. Yes, I've tried giving them their own, but the white and black is all over and it just takes one little touch to mess it up. I tried sending them outside for a while, but it is cold and windy.
They want attention , which , I guess is more important. I'm the only one that really cares about the cake, I can stick plastic penguins in it and everyone will still like it. I'm lucky to have them . I guess I feel better

5 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

Understandable. As much as we love the little darlings, sometimes we wish they would just go away. But then they do. Enjoy them now, mom, even when they drive you nuts. icon_wink.gif

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 6

This is precisely why I only work on my cakes when my kids are asleep! It helps to spread the work out over several days.

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

I've thought about working on cakes when they are asleep, then I have no time with my husband, and hat does not work for me. So I'm happy but I still have no cake.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 6

My hubby and I like to watch a lot of tv/movies (yea, we're not very creative) and since my kitchen and living room are connected, we usually watch a movie together while I work on the cake. This works for us, but I know it's not for everyone.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 6

What if you're hubby took them out for ice cream/movie etc.. for an hour or two so you could work on your cake? Or maybe a sleep over at a friends house? I totally understand trying to sneak in a little "you and cake" time, it's hard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%