How Can I Make Carpet Out Of Fondant?

Decorating By Ca6715 Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 3:21am by Annabakescakes

Ca6715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ca6715 Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 2:52am
post #1 of 2

I Want To Make A Cake That Takes Place In A LIving Room And I Wanted To Make The Floor Of the Cake Look Like Carpet But I Don't Know How I Can Make The Carpet Out Of Fondant. I Don't Have An Extruder And I Don't Really Want To Waste Any Money, So Any Idea How I Can Make That Effect. If There Is Absolutely No Way To Do That, How Can I Make The Floor To Look Like A Hard Wood Floor, But Not Have The Floor Be One Solid Color, More Like To Have The Color Blended In. So Any Help Would Be Great, Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 3:21am
post #2 of 2

This must be the longest title EVER! Why else would every single first letter be capitalized?

If you want a wood grain, take your fondant and color 3/4 of it tan and 1/4 of it dark brown. roll both in to sausages the same length and stick them together and roll until double in length. Fold it in half, and roll until double in length again, and fold again, roll again...keep doing it until it is streaky like wood grain, then flatten slightly, cut it in half longwise and crosswise, and then each half, in half longwise. Roll each section separately with a rolling pin, keeping them long and thin to not mash the pattern about, then cut in strips and lay them out. Don't lay matching strips next to each other, and it will look more wood-like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%