Cake Freshness Once Covered In Fondant

Decorating By 49ERLINDA Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 2:39pm by 49ERLINDA

49ERLINDA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
49ERLINDA Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 5

icon_confused.gif
Hi cake friends...My question is how long will a cake covered in fondant stay fresh? There will be no filling, just a crumb coat. I am making a MONSTER TRUCK THEME cake for my nephew. He wants a 3 tiered cake (not the problem) with his favorite monster truck EL TORO LOCO )I should have known by the name it would make me crazy. There are so many details I have to add to the "truck", I just want to get it done & over with because I literally am losing sleep over it. And once its covered, I assume I need to keep it refigerated. THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
LisaStephens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaStephens Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 5

you can keep several days covered with fondant without worry of your cake drying out or losing freshness. No need to refrigerate either, just protect it from dust and other elements. After I box mine, I cover with plastic wrap if they are too large to have a top on them

49ERLINDA Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 5

THANK YOU!!!

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 5

Room temperature is best for your cake, I wouldn't put it in the fridge either because fondant tends to "sweat" and putting it in the fridge can make your whole cake sticky. Depending on the size of the cake, I also use a cardboard box, just to keep dust, flying object, etc... off of the cake. It will stay fresh for a few days like this - that's the great thing about fondant! icon_biggrin.gif

49ERLINDA Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU TOO!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%