24 Cupcakes And 6' Cake

Decorating By rozedcj Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 5:17am by leah_s

rozedcj Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 7

I need help with pricing im still really new to this.

How much would you ladies charge for 24 cupcakes with butter cream icing. and a 6' round with butter cream icing and butter cream accents? the theme is princess tiana.

6 replies
FromScratchSF Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 7

One million dollars. icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, you have to do your own math. Ingredients + overhead + time + profit = retail price.

rozedcj Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 7

lol i wish i could charge 1 million dollars! I really need to sit and think about this one. Thanks for the reply!

Cupcations Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 7

You have to do this one by yourself, lol you might get quotes as high as "one million dollars"^^^ or as low as $20 (BTW thanks for the laugh FromScratchSF icon_biggrin.gif )

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 12:09am
post #5 of 7

You also need to check out the competition to see if you are in the same ballpark as them. If the price you come up with is much lower, then you need to see why. Is their product better? If so, then they earn the right to charge a higher price. If you competition is Walmart, and you bake with premium, artisan ingredients, you need to raise your prices!

By the way, are you legal? If not, you need to see what it takes to be legal, before you charge a penny!

vgcea Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 4:57am
post #6 of 7

I almost spat out my drink!! icon_lol.gif I so was not expecting FromScratchSF's response.

leah_s Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 5:17am
post #7 of 7

A couple of years ago we had a month or so of always answering these pricing questions with "$19.95."

Really, pricing has to be personal. We don't know your cost of electricity, whether you buy ingredients in bulk or at the grocery, etc. And being legal has a lot to do with pricing. I have to factor in two different health dept licenses, commercial insurance on the vehicle, liability insurance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%