Army Tank Cake...........help !!!!

Decorating By Kitty-3 Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 4:39am by auntginn

Kitty-3 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 11:33am
post #1 of 2

Hi, Im a newby to cake decorating and the forum. Im no longer working and have spare time on my hand so started doing a few cupcakes so things have gone on from there.

Its my grandsons birthday at the end of april and i want to make him a cake. I asked my daughter if he would like a Dinosaur cake but she said he would prefer an army tank !!

I know how to go about making it but the only thing i am stuck on is how to go about covering it. I want to do it in the sand colours. How would it be best to get that affect, what would i need (colours etc). White icing and colour it? Paint it ? I have no idea so any input would be great. I may just end up doing it green , though i would prefer not to.

Thanks in advance

1 reply
auntginn Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 4:39am
post #2 of 2

I have only made a green one, but the sand color would not be that hard. I am guessing that it will still be in the camouflage coloring. Start by coloring your fondant a heavy beige. If you have an airbrush you can mix the colors and paint all at once. If not just mix and kneed the colors.

I take a sponge, dap into my darker shades and sponge all around, then pat with paper towel. Using this method I work the colors until I achieve the look I want.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%