Giant Cupcake With Chocolate Bottm

Decorating By tasha27 Updated 12 Mar 2012 , 7:21pm by tasha27

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 4

I have a question when making the Giant cupcake do you ice the bottom of the cupcake before putting it in the chocolate bottom? I am just thinking about when you cut it that it will have no frosting on it. Also how do you cut it. I am making one for my office this weekend in celebration of St Patty's Day.

3 replies
Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 4

I made my bottom with 3 4inch cakes, so I filled each layer. However, if you are using the pan for the bottom, I would cut it into layers and fill it so that you get a good frosting to cake ratio. And as for cutting it, make sure you have a really sharp knife!

I'll attach a pic of my inside and how we cut it- it served about 14 people, and I believe we had leftover cake, too. We just cut it like a regular 6 inch cake.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2282803/pink-giant-cupcake?sub=2282813

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 4

Yes I frost the bottom if I bake it in the bottom part of the pan. I carve the bottom so it will fit in the shell. Frost it and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes so teh frosting sets and it's easier to transfer into the liner. I will probably bake the 4 inch rounds next time because I hate carvingicon_smile.gif It's too hit or miss for meicon_smile.gif

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%