Need A Design Idea For Top Tier Of Cake

Decorating By mjsirhunter Updated 12 Mar 2012 , 2:58pm by mjsirhunter

mjsirhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsirhunter Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 1:21am
post #1 of 3

So right now I very annoyed with a repeat customer that up untill this cake has never been a problem. She wants a topsy turvy cake for her daughters 13th birthday but needs it to serve only like 20 ppl! Well anyways after alot of back and forth we decided on a three tiered topsy turvy ( she WILL NOT do a two tier) in a 6,7,8. Well when I quoted her the price she got all bent out of shape and complained that her other daughters cake served the same amount of ppl and was less. I explained that that cake was just a sheet cake and this cake required alot more in supplies ingredients time etc...... well now she just keeps making a point that the cake better look like a $XXX.XX cake. I want sooo bad to say im not going to do it but I have already agreed to it and its due this week, So now I am sitting here trying to decide what to do on the top tier. She wants a Tiara to sit on the top and she wants the Stars on wires coming out of the cake. The bottom tier will be pink zebra striped, the middle tier I was thinking maybe black with peace signs? and then the top tier??? Her daughter also like the color teal and they keep saying they want it to be "Bright" . Any suggestions???

2 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 4:40am
post #2 of 3

I would do a teal fondant with fondant cut out flower.

mjsirhunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsirhunter Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you. I was thinking a teal tier with flowers but wasnt sure how it would look with the other two tiers. I think that is what I will do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%