Fondant Decos For Cupcake Toppers

Decorating By EvArt Updated 14 Mar 2012 , 4:28am by EvArt

EvArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvArt Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make some fondant jungle animal faces for cupcake toppers later this month and am wondering how far in advance I can make them? Is it ok to allow them to get hard or should I store them so they are still kind of soft? Not sure what to do here. I have about 36 of them to make and can't imagine doing them all in two days! lol

5 replies
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 6

I would start at making those at least a week in advance. They take a lot of time and it's best to get them out of the way. Place the finished products in an air tight container. They will harden but I don't think they will get rock hard. HTH

EvArt Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you Lee. I appreciate the reply.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 6

I make mine a couple of weeks in advance and cover them. They get firm but not real hard.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

Yes as the previous posters stated you can make them weeks in advance, but if you are using fondant ONLY do not store them in an air tight container especially plastic, that will ruin them, the heat will make them melt and become soggy and soft (not pretty!). I usually store mine in a box after they dry.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

EvArt Posted 14 Mar 2012 , 4:28am
post #6 of 6

thank you for the feedback ladies. I'm a week out so I'll get them started tomorrow. I appreciate your time and advice. ;^)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%