I Needs Help Please On Which To Go With For Mey Truck Cake

Decorating By sherrystegall Updated 15 Mar 2012 , 5:02am by auntginn

sherrystegall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrystegall Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 2

My daughter loves to go mudding Its a southern thing LOL I am making a black silverado Z71 truck cake in a mud puddle I have just about decided to use rice crispy to sculpt the truck.Do you guys think this will be better than using cake? .I have a pattern to draw on the wax paper to help .The bottom or base of the cake will be enough to serve our guest .I am torn between fondant and molding chocolate to cover the truck.I am also trying the best way to get the glossy new car finish for the black paint.What do you guys es you know kids birthdays and weddings think?I have never done a sculpted cake before I am waaaaay out of my comfort zone.

1 reply
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 15 Mar 2012 , 5:02am
post #2 of 2

Since you don't say how many ppl you need to serve, I'm assuming (of course you know I should know better, lol) Its not bigger than a 1/2 sheet cake on the bottom.

Regardless, if on the bottom its enough for all your guest, make the truck with the rkt. Especially since you have never sculpted a cake before.

To get that shiny look on the truck, use either an airbrush (which will look awesome) or before you but on any of the detailing brush the black fondant with a liquid.

Good Luck, post a pick. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%