Need Help, Making An Army Warrant Officer Cake

Decorating By jessicawd28 Updated 13 Mar 2012 , 2:31am by jessicawd28

jessicawd28 Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 1:10am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am making a cake for a friend who is getting promoted to a CW4 and I would like to make a cake out of fondant with the rank on there and the warrant officer insignia. It has so much detail on it so I thought I could trace it with chocolate and let it harden up. I have never done this before so any ideas that you all have would be great. I wanted to airbrush it, but I don't own an airbrush machine and when I checked they were expensive. Once again any ideas you all might have would be very helpful. Thanks!

3 replies
ibmoser Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 4

I'm afraid I have no idea what the insignias you want to reproduce look like, but you might consider a reverse transfer method with either buttercream or melted chocolate/candy melts. The technique is outlined here

and they can be quite detailed if you have a steady hand. You don't need to freeze chocolate - just let it set up between colors - but the buttercream works better if frozen as described. Other than that, maybe you can have a local cake shop make an edible image for you to use?

tasha27 Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 4

You can go to Wal-Mart and they will make an edible image for you. I have done a couple of WO cakes but none with the insignia. They aren't posted on here but you can check it out on my facebook page if you want. []

jessicawd28 Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 2:31am
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%