Cake Maker Needs Mini Cupcake Advice!

Baking By ajwonka Updated 12 Mar 2012 , 3:21am by ajwonka

ajwonka Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 3:18am
post #1 of 7

Help, Cupcake Pros!

I'm pretty strictly a cake maker but have agreed to make several dozen mini-cupcakes to help market a good cause.

1) I'll be making them over several days. I always wrap & freeze my cakes but can I wrap muni-cupcakes well enough to be air tight & freeze?

2) any idea how many mini-cupcakes I can make with a WASC recipe? (assuming WASC will work for them!)

Thanks tons!

6 replies
CWR41 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 4:43am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwonka

1) I'll be making them over several days. I always wrap & freeze my cakes but can I wrap muni-cupcakes well enough to be air tight & freeze?

They don't need to be airtight to freeze for several days. Freezer burn doesn't occur for months, and may not occur at all.

ajwonka Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 7

Can anyone answer my original question?

How many mini-cupcakes can be made with a WASC recipe? Any tips on how to wrap to freeze mini-cupcakes?

Thanks!

KoryAK Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 7

I am not familiar with that recipe specifically, but I would say you can get 3-4 mini cupcakes to one regular cupcake amount.

eava Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 7

I get between 4 and 5 dozen.

Karema Posted 11 Mar 2012 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 7

You get about 4-5 dozen mini's. If I had to freeze them I would lay them in a large zip lock bag and let all the air out and stack them in the freezer. HTH

ajwonka Posted 12 Mar 2012 , 3:21am
post #7 of 7

Thank you! Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%