Terrified It Will Bleed

Decorating By kns93 Updated 9 Mar 2012 , 5:24pm by kns93

kns93 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked by a friend to make a black and white cake. I would like to do a white fondant cake with black stencil but I'm scared that it will bleed...are there any tips to be certain that the black color does not bleed? Any advise is appreciated!

4 replies
annakat444 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure if the same principles for buttercream apply to fondant, but I know with buttercream as long as you let the cake breathe (i.e. don't tape it up in a box) then it won't bleed. I did a buttercream zebra cake, finished it the night before and let it breathe over night. The next day it still looked perfect! Hopefully this helps!

kns93 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Annakat444...any info is a big help! Probably will just do a little sample and watch.... icon_eek.gif

annakat444 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5

Yep, I would do a test cake and see how it turns out. Question - the zebra cake that I made, I did a test cake with a stencil and it turned out awful. I used buttercream for the stripes, but it went on WAY too thick and I couldn't thin it out without scraping down to the crumb coat. What are you using for your stencil? I want to try it again.

kns93 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 5

I will be using royal icing on fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%