Terrified It Will Bleed

Decorating By kns93 Updated 9 Mar 2012 , 5:24pm by kns93

kns93 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked by a friend to make a black and white cake. I would like to do a white fondant cake with black stencil but I'm scared that it will bleed...are there any tips to be certain that the black color does not bleed? Any advise is appreciated!

Thanks!

4 replies
annakat444 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure if the same principles for buttercream apply to fondant, but I know with buttercream as long as you let the cake breathe (i.e. don't tape it up in a box) then it won't bleed. I did a buttercream zebra cake, finished it the night before and let it breathe over night. The next day it still looked perfect! Hopefully this helps!

kns93 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Annakat444...any info is a big help! Probably will just do a little sample and watch.... icon_eek.gif

annakat444 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5

Yep, I would do a test cake and see how it turns out. Question - the zebra cake that I made, I did a test cake with a stencil and it turned out awful. I used buttercream for the stripes, but it went on WAY too thick and I couldn't thin it out without scraping down to the crumb coat. What are you using for your stencil? I want to try it again.

kns93 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 5

I will be using royal icing on fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%