Can You Airbrush Dry Royal?

Decorating By Chocolatedee Updated 9 Mar 2012 , 2:40am by KoryAK

Chocolatedee Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Guys,

I have been asked to make some cookie pops with a logo on them and I was thinking of trying to make a stencil and then using the airbrush to brush in on when the royal dries. Do you think this can be done?

5 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

We airbrushed royal icing flowers in my air brush class and it worked great. The interesting thing demo we did was we took the same airbrush color and airbrushed - dried gumpaste, dried royal and set fondant and they all came out a slightly different color. It was really interesting. I don't see any issue with what you want to do but I would always do a test run first

Chocolatedee Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks SOOOO much Sillywabbitz. I will definitely try.

KoryAK Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, I have done exactly this and it does work. Be aware there is a bit of a learning curve though and make plenty of extras. The airbrush likes to go underneath the stencil. Also make sure the icing is FLAT.

Chocolatedee Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks Kory I will try it. I need to do a lot of them so I am hoping it works. Can yo do it when the icing is wet too?

KoryAK Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 2:40am
post #6 of 6

Airbrushing while wet should be fine, but you won't be able to stencil since you'll need to hold the stencil against it. I'd let them dry overnight first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%