Baby Shower Cake Question

Decorating By Overlord_Sayo Updated 8 Mar 2012 , 7:35am by Chonte

Overlord_Sayo Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 7:03am
post #1 of 2

First of all, HI! icon_biggrin.gif

I have a question. One of my husband's co-workers' wife is pregnant and she asked me to make her baby shower cake. The party will be this Saturday and I'm working on the cake right now. However, my husband now has me second-guessing the cake design. The original plan was to make a 2-layer (4in tall) 8x8 square cake that would sit on top of a 2-layer (again, 4inch tall) 12x12 cake. Now, I think it'll be too much cake for just 35 people! :O You guys think one layer or each will look nice? The mamma-to-be wanted a 2 tier cake, which is why the 2 tiers instead of just a 12x12 cake (which was more than enough for a friend's going-away party last week with about 30 people). Please help!

1 reply
Chonte Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 7:35am
post #2 of 2

im doing a cake for a shower saturday too!! we can be cake buddies icon_smile.gif I think that if you make each layer only 2 inches tall it's just gonna look stumpy. leave it the way you are designing it. i remember when i was pregnant i had left over cake from my shower but family and friends were dropping buy all the time so it wasn't wasted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%