How Much Would You Charge For Just A Fondant Figurine?

Decorating By cckim Updated 10 Mar 2012 , 2:10pm by cckim

cckim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cckim Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering what you would charge to make just figurines for a cake? I have someone that wants me just to make 2 palm trees with a hammock and a figurine in hammock, and also a few more figurines on a tube floating like in water. She is making the cake, and wants me to just make the figurines. Thanks for the suggestions!

3 replies
Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure how much I'd charge, but that will take you a lot of time! So don't undercharge....it will be hard to make the hammock, and hard to get it to hang....take all that into consideration, when quoting her a price...think of the hours you will spend making these...how many days will it take? And what that time is worth to you. HTH!

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 4

Unless this is a family member or very close friend, I wouldn't make the figurines if I wasn't making the cake.

My reasoning is this and this is just me and I am most definitely not saying that the person making the cake can't do a good job. But if the cake is not pretty or doesn't taste good then I wouldn't want people thinking or saying "oh cakelady2266 makes pretty figurines but her cake sucks" and in a party atmosphere nobody really has time to say or hear "oh I made the cake but someone else made the figurines"

cckim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cckim Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you everyone for all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%