cckim Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 2:18pm
post #1 of

Just wondering what you would charge to make just figurines for a cake? I have someone that wants me just to make 2 palm trees with a hammock and a figurine in hammock, and also a few more figurines on a tube floating like in water. She is making the cake, and wants me to just make the figurines. Thanks for the suggestions!

3 replies
Debbye27 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 2:38pm
post #2 of

I'm not sure how much I'd charge, but that will take you a lot of time! So don't undercharge....it will be hard to make the hammock, and hard to get it to hang....take all that into consideration, when quoting her a price...think of the hours you will spend making these...how many days will it take? And what that time is worth to you. HTH!

cakelady2266 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 5:50pm
post #3 of

Unless this is a family member or very close friend, I wouldn't make the figurines if I wasn't making the cake.

My reasoning is this and this is just me and I am most definitely not saying that the person making the cake can't do a good job. But if the cake is not pretty or doesn't taste good then I wouldn't want people thinking or saying "oh cakelady2266 makes pretty figurines but her cake sucks" and in a party atmosphere nobody really has time to say or hear "oh I made the cake but someone else made the figurines"

cckim Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 2:10pm
post #4 of

Thank you everyone for all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%