Tips For Attaching Gumpaste Flowers To A Plaque

Decorating By czempel Updated 6 Mar 2012 , 10:49pm by czempel

czempel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czempel Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

I am creating a gumpaste flower cake topper for a friend's bc cake. I'd like to attach the flowers to a plaque or some other structure, so that 1) she can just simply lay them on the cake, pre-arranged by me and 2) it makes a barrier from the bc if they want to save the topper.

Does anyone have any suggestions for affixing wired flowers to a plaque? Thanks so much.

4 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 5

What kind of flowers will you be making? Can you not arrange them on a ball of fondant stuck on a plaque/board? The fondant will give you the height you may be looking for. Or a half ball of styrofoam glued on a board? But it depends on the flowers and look you are going for.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 5

Just melt a little white chocolate and use that as your glue. Sticks to fondant like crazy.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 5

I have done as Dayti says. They were small roses,tulips, small filler flowers, leaves, carnations, little berries, and apple blossoms. Made a small mound (on top of cake with fondant, and made the arrangement into this. Can do the same on the plaque.

czempel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czempel Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 10:49pm
post #5 of 5

Ooh- I like the idea of fondant or styrofoam. I am doing roses, tulips and hydrangea. I think that should work perfectly! Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%