Can A Tres Leche Cake Be Layered?

Decorating By EvArt Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 11:44pm by rosech

EvArt Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 7

I'm getting ready to make my first Tres Leche cake for a special friends birthday this weekend and I'm wondering if it can be layered and filled? She has requested this cake with fresh strawberries and I want to put the strawberries inside the cake so that I can decorate the top of the cake.

Thanks for your time!

6 replies
scp1127 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 9:03am
post #2 of 7

EvArt, you may want to bake two layers instead of torte, but you will be fine. Just be sure to support the cake as you lower it onto the filling. Use a cake board the same size and scoot or use a cake mover with the board.

rosech Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 10:00am
post #3 of 7

One method I am yet to try:

Bake in two pans. Follow your usual cooling process. Return to pans. Pour milks. Refrigerate 6hrs or overnight. Place parchment on board/plate. Place first layer. Fill. Place second layer. Ice.

imagenthatnj Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:02pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, try as SCP said, to do two layers instead of torting. You can do something like what's shown here to put it together.

Or you can help yourself with an adjustable pastry ring, like this one.

jesika3434 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 7

what kind of icing can you use to cover the cake so the leches does not leak out?

Cristi-Tutty Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 7

this may be helpful!! I am making a tres leches for my husband for this saturday, and I will use Italian merengue buttercream...

rosech Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 7

Chocolate ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%