What Is Going On With The Price Of Cream Cheese!!!!!

Decorating By Nyma Updated 6 Mar 2012 , 6:11pm by KoryAK

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 10

icon_eek.gif I went to buy cream cheese for some pastries and Walmart doubled it's price!! even on the store brand!! icon_confused.gif
It used to be $1 to $1.15 and I had to pay $1.98 for the generic brand.. icon_mad.gif. Have y'all noticed this too? icon_sad.gif

9 replies
Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 10

I am going this weekend to get a BJ's membership....b/c of the price of cream cheese/ powdered sugar/ cake flour/ and BUTTER!

I am tired of spending $40+ on ingredients for one cake!

Nyma Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 10

There's no BJ's in TX icon_sad.gif wonder if Sam's prices would be any better...

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 10

Well I have a BJ's and a Sams, I will check them both out this weekend - you can go in and walk around to check, you dont need a membership to go in, only to buy something.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 10

Count yourself lucky - I've been paying over $2-3 per pound for over a year. I only buy brand, but still. The cost of gas always effects the price of food, especially dairy since most dairy products are trucked to market. Although we've been paying $4 at the pump for a month, the price of food is just starting to be effected.

ashley_devine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley_devine Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 10

Wow you are lucky! If I found that price I would buy the lot of it LOL Right now im paying clost to $5 a block! A two tier cake I made last week ended up costing me close to $90!!!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 10

I've found that Sam's prices aren't all that great. You can buy in bulk and you can find items there you won't find anywhere else in town, but their prices aren't necessarily going to be the best you can find.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 10

Sam's Club has a 3lb block of Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese for $6.98. This is where I normally get mine. It beats paying $2+ for an 8 ounce block elsewhere.

Nyma Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 10

OMG Ashley!! I guess I was spoiled with that price then!! You guys are right about the gas price affecting everything I had not seen it that way :s

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 10

In my area, if Sam's Club has it then they have the best price of 99% of the time. The only exception that I have found is *sometimes* the price of butter is cheaper at my local wholesale distributor (for a 55# block) vs. Sam's 4#. Not always though.

I get what I can there and what I can't through the wholesaler.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%