How To Make A Megamind Cake

Decorating By nikki_sweets21 Updated 8 Mar 2012 , 4:29am by nikki_sweets21

nikki_sweets21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki_sweets21 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 9:19am
post #1 of 5

Hello eveyone, I am new to making cakes and I am looking for any and all tips on how to make a MegaMind birthday cake. I would like to make it 3d if I could (having the head sit up) if not I'm willing to make a flat cake. I was thinking about use the tear drop cake pan for his head. Please Please comment down below I am open to all tips. And please be detailed in describing the tips

Thank you very much

4 replies
keevafarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keevafarren Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 10:48am
post #2 of 5

Hiya I was just looking on Flickr and Artisan Cakes by e.t. have this amazing cake -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artisancakes/5672352155/

It looks difficult but it would be easier than doing it completely 3d I think

I would shape the cakes into a tear drop shape and cover and add the nose and cheeks shape with fondant underneath then cover blue and add the ear shapes, I would make the eyes from fondant and it looks like this amazing person piped around the eyes, the eyebrows and the beard.

I know it's not much help but I thought looking at this picture would help! I really want to make one now!

nikki_sweets21 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 5:36am
post #3 of 5

Okay thank you so do i take a piece of fondat and make the cheeks and nose and then cover it with the blue fondant.

keevafarren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keevafarren Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:27am
post #4 of 5

Yeah I would take any colour and make the nose shape, and stick it on top of the cake where you want it, and again any other details that stick out like that, then just cover it all in fondant and make sure to smooth it with your fingers so you can see the detail of the nose

nikki_sweets21 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 4:29am
post #5 of 5

okay thank you very much I really appreciate it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%