Finding The Your Own Technique

Decorating By susieq01 Updated 6 Mar 2012 , 6:29am by mcaulir

susieq01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieq01 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 5:50am
post #1 of 2

There are questions that have had confused me since becoming interested in cake decorating a few months ago. Some of the questions are what is the best way to bake, level, torte, freeze or not to freeze cakes? What is the best technique to follow? How do I sort through all of the different answers so many have to offer?

I have read many tutorials, books and threads. I have watched lots of videos and searched for anything cake related (decorating courses are extremely rare where I live). If it weren't for all the dedicated tutorial writers and those who offer tips and techniques, then my cakes would not get in and out of the oven. To all of you, thanks.

What I am finding though is there is not a technique that everyone has the same advice. I am not saying that is a bad thing because it offers a wide range of possibilities to try. But, it does cause some confusion for a newbie like me. Whose advice do I follow?

Back to the answer to my questions.The best answer that I have come away with is to follow advice from all the wonderful cake decorators out there until I find what works for me.

1 reply
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 6:29am
post #2 of 2

The best idea is to read, get a good idea of a particular technique and try it out. Then it's a matter of trial and error. If it doesn't work, try another method.

People live in different locations and climates. We're all using different recipes, and have different tools available. We have different skill levels, patience and time available.

You just need to find something that makes sense to you, then give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%