How To Do This Design

Decorating By wafawafa Updated 10 Mar 2012 , 8:54am by wafawafa

wafawafa Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 5:26am
post #1 of 7

I saw this pic before here in CC , but I forgot who did it , she did amazing work , I'd like to replicate the design for a customer ,
so if someone knows who is the member plz let me know , and I will appreciate any hints how to achieve this look

6 replies
LeeBD Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know who did this cake but it looks to me as if there are 3 to 4 round teirs under there. Then roses are placed to give cone shape. It's probably not difficult just very time consuming.

Narie Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 7 is the source of that particular cake.

The directions are in Peggy Porschen's Pretty Party Cakes: Sweet and Stylish Cakes and Cookies for All Occasions .

Debbye27 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 7

Oh that's so pretty! Probably just the 3 tiers, with a very small tier on top, iced in buttercream and then fondant/gumpaste roses. Start at the bottom, and work your way up. Attach some fondant butterflies with wire. And stick a few leaves between the roses...I might want to try this one day too...I like it!

wafawafa Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks all
Nari is this book have the irection to do such cake

Cause I am waondering how the fondant roses are attached to the cakes through wires with different lengths ?

Narie Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 7

I don't have the book so I don't know how complete her directions are. However the woman who made the cake you posted the picture of used royal icing to attach the roses not wires. Read down under the picture, a number of people asked questions which she answered.

wafawafa Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 8:54am
post #7 of 7

thanks narie alot , you helped me

thanks for all posters

Quote by @%username% on %date%