Opinions On Elite Fondx Please!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 10 Mar 2012 , 2:08am by MissRobin

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 6

I would love to have some feedback from those of you who have used the Elite Fondant by Fondx! Thinking of ordering.

5 replies
FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 6

It has a light berry flavor and is much softer than Fondx. The red is VERY bright, I find that I need to adjust the color when using the red.

MissRobin Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your response. I was wondering if it was easy to work with, for the price I would hope it is pretty awesome!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 6

I think everyone has their different favorites. I was lucky to get a whole bunch of the Elite at ICES for $5 per color. Now that I've run out, I will be switch back to FondX for White and Satin Ice for colors because that is what is available wholesale through CK Products and much more cost effective. If CK ever carries Elite or FondX in colors, I'd switch.

labelle24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labelle24 Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 6

I spent the extra money to use it for a high end wedding cake, I wanted to make sure everything was perfect....I wasn't impressed. I don't think it is worth the extra money, if it were a dollar or 2 more that would be one thing, but it's pretty outrageous. Just my opinion.

MissRobin Posted 10 Mar 2012 , 2:08am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for your opinions, I bought 2 lbs of the "sexy" pink. Thought I would check it out. I'm going to try it for some accent pieces. I used Fondx once for a wedding and didn't really care for it. I usually use SI because of cost and easy for me to get. Would love to try Massa!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%