Raspberry Filling

Baking By Solobaker Updated 21 Sep 2005 , 3:13pm by Sangria

Solobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solobaker Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 3:05am
post #1 of 4

Help! I'm doing a bridal shower cake for a friend and she has requested raspberry filling. I do not know any recipes, can someone suggest anything?

3 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 3:13am
post #2 of 4

I usually buy filling from country kitchen, there is a lot to choose from some people buy jam. It will store for a long time in a cool and dark place. After I open mine up I put in a tupperware container or something similar to keep fresh.

All the fillings are a very good price except for the cream cheese that you can find cheaper somewhere else.

here is the link to the filling page so you can see what you can buy.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&SubCatId=798

lisekris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisekris Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 10:54am
post #3 of 4

Hi - if you want to make it yourself, try this:

The following rasberry mousse (-ish) works for me:

abt 7oz of frozen(or fresh)rasberries (or any other berry except strawberries - too wet) thawed to room temp

2 cups double cream (sorry, don't know the US term - cream for whipping)

2 tbsp sugar

Vanilla to taste

1 cup yoghurt - adds a nice sharpness to the mousse - goes very well with chocolate

mash the berries with the sugar and add the yoghurt. Whip the cream until it is a hair's breadth from butter and combine the two, very gently. This will be enough for abt an 8-9"cake.
'Build' the cake in the pan it was baked in and refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight

Lise

Sangria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangria Posted 21 Sep 2005 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisekris

Hi - if you want to make it yourself, try this:

The following rasberry mousse (-ish) works for me:

abt 7oz of frozen(or fresh)rasberries (or any other berry except strawberries - too wet) thawed to room temp

2 cups double cream (sorry, don't know the US term - cream for whipping)

2 tbsp sugar

Vanilla to taste

1 cup yoghurt - adds a nice sharpness to the mousse - goes very well with chocolate

mash the berries with the sugar and add the yoghurt. Whip the cream until it is a hair's breadth from butter and combine the two, very gently. This will be enough for abt an 8-9"cake.
'Build' the cake in the pan it was baked in and refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight

Lise

This looks insanely good. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%