Wedding Cupcakes - Amount Serving

Baking By SweetStuff30 Updated 16 Mar 2012 , 11:48pm by leah_s

SweetStuff30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetStuff30 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 8

Hey guys! When doing a cupcake wedding how do you figure out how many cupcakes for the wedding? Say theres 200 guests, i know that if you have exactly 200 there will be lots of left overs and not everyone will have a cupcake where someone may have 2 or 3... do you take off a % to get a number? Or do you leave it up to the bride to make the decision weather she wants to be left with leftovers or not. Thanks so much!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 8

I always advise to order 125% of the confirmed rsvp number.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 8

I leave it up to the bride. The industry standard seems to be that about 70% eat the cake or cupcakes. When attending weddings or serving, I have noticed that this seems to be about right. I inform the client and then ask her to determine how many she wants. I remind them to consider the eating habits of the guests.

One thing to keep in mind is when you have more than one flavor, more people will go for a second piece, but it is still close to that 70% range.

I have still gotten the amount of the guest count. The bride is so worried ones at the end of serving won't get a piece.

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 8

I've read somewhere that cupcakes are different because they are easily transportable, some people will get one at the reception and another one for home. They said you need to plan for 1.5 cupcake per person.

leah_s Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 8

70% of INVITED people show for the wedding. You must plan on dinner, chairs, beverages and dessert for 100% of those who rsvp yes.

But people DO eat more cupcakes than cake in my experience. Or as the PP says, they grab a cupcake or two to go "for the kids."

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 8

Yeah..I'll just take some for my kids.
"Do you have a box I can use?"

mommachris.

janicedale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicedale Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 8

My cousin's wedding will be on June this year and I'm the one to actually bake cupcakes for her wedding. She has a total of 100 guests and 1/4 of those are kids. Do you think I would settle to 100 cupcakes or more?

leah_s Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 8

I always recommend ordering cupcakes for 125% of the rsvp'd guests. If you're sure there will be 100 people attending, I'd make 125 cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%