Flavor Bouquet Thread

Baking By vgcea Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 9:04am by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 3:16am
post #1 of 8

I recently purchased Magic line's Creme Bouquet because I like LorAnn's Princess cake and cookie so much, and the CB is supposed to be a variation of it. Both of these flavors are a combination of more common flavors like vanilla and almond. Sylvia Weinstock in her yellow cake recipe suggests adding 1/4 t or so of ginger to add to the flavor profile. So I got to thinking: What if we have a thread where we share various flavor combos we've come up with?

I believe the recipe for creme bouquet is:
1T lemon juice + 1t vanilla extract + 1t almond extract + 1t butter extract (it's floating around here somewhere).

So what combinations have you come up with (or found) and what do they taste like?

7 replies
vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

What? With all the adventurous, super awesome cakers on CC, we have no super cool flavor combos to share? Or are y'all still recovering from the weekend caking?

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 8

You probably aren't going to get any takers on this. When you start getting into "super cool flavor combos", you're getting into protected recipe territory. I know I'm not going to put what goes into my Mint Zinger out there for all the world to see. Sorry.

I wish you luck. icon_smile.gif

vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 8

jgifford, you know I never thought about it from that perspective but you're absolutely right. I can see how these combos can be proprietary info for cakers-- especially those who sell their cakes.

I was looking at this from an angle of creating a reference point similar to the way we share cake recipes so that CCers can look up interesting flavors to bring variety to their cakes. For example before CC I never knew that lemon and raspberry were complimentary flavors.

Well, I'm for the success of fellow cake-folk so I ain't mad icon_biggrin.gif If people don't want to share this information, it's their prerogative and I respect the choice.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 8

OP:
See http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&highlight=exotic
I think it got turned into a Google doc, but I don't know where that is.

vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you shanter! Talk about variety. That's definitely a reference thread.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 8
vgcea Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 9:04am
post #8 of 8

Thanks again shanter. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%