Flavor Bouquet Thread

Baking By vgcea Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 9:04am by vgcea

vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 3:16am
post #1 of 8

I recently purchased Magic line's Creme Bouquet because I like LorAnn's Princess cake and cookie so much, and the CB is supposed to be a variation of it. Both of these flavors are a combination of more common flavors like vanilla and almond. Sylvia Weinstock in her yellow cake recipe suggests adding 1/4 t or so of ginger to add to the flavor profile. So I got to thinking: What if we have a thread where we share various flavor combos we've come up with?

I believe the recipe for creme bouquet is:
1T lemon juice + 1t vanilla extract + 1t almond extract + 1t butter extract (it's floating around here somewhere).

So what combinations have you come up with (or found) and what do they taste like?

7 replies
vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

What? With all the adventurous, super awesome cakers on CC, we have no super cool flavor combos to share? Or are y'all still recovering from the weekend caking?

jgifford Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 8

You probably aren't going to get any takers on this. When you start getting into "super cool flavor combos", you're getting into protected recipe territory. I know I'm not going to put what goes into my Mint Zinger out there for all the world to see. Sorry.

I wish you luck. icon_smile.gif

vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 8

jgifford, you know I never thought about it from that perspective but you're absolutely right. I can see how these combos can be proprietary info for cakers-- especially those who sell their cakes.

I was looking at this from an angle of creating a reference point similar to the way we share cake recipes so that CCers can look up interesting flavors to bring variety to their cakes. For example before CC I never knew that lemon and raspberry were complimentary flavors.

Well, I'm for the success of fellow cake-folk so I ain't mad icon_biggrin.gif If people don't want to share this information, it's their prerogative and I respect the choice.

shanter Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 8

OP:
See http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&highlight=exotic
I think it got turned into a Google doc, but I don't know where that is.

vgcea Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you shanter! Talk about variety. That's definitely a reference thread.

shanter Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 8
vgcea Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 9:04am
post #8 of 8

Thanks again shanter. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%