I Want To Down Size My Inventory!

Decorating By auntginn Updated 5 Mar 2012 , 5:26pm by auntginn

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry for posting this here, I could not find the general forum.

Throughout the many years I have been caking, like so many others I have collected a number of items that I no longer use. For example, separator plates, columns, specific shaped cake pans, etc.

I am considering getting rid of them just because they take up valuable space.
My question, to you all is this. Would you get rid of them, or do you keep them. Do trends in styles come back strong enough to warrent needing them or are they just "Taking up Space"

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 7

Good question. I, too am getting ready to downsize. I have enough gumpaste flowers inventory to completely stock a bakery. I guess I need to hit Ebay.

auntginn Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 7

I already did that with all those chatsky toys we used to call decorations, lol. Had boxes of them, sold them on ebay. But now wondering about all this other stuff.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:30am
post #4 of 7

any thing plastic,like the plates and pillars get rid of. If they are white now they wont be nexttime you take them out to use them or sell them. Then you wont be able to do either if they have changed colours. The shaped cake pans, they used to hold their value ten years or so ago, but not anymore. If you have a buyer then sell those too.

cakemaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker2 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 7

Check out your cake supply store, some of them stock the character pans to rent out.
Perhaps you have some they don't have, or they may want to start a collection for renting out.
Just a thought.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 7

As sweetcakes said I'd sell anything plastic. Character pans I would sell because those characters wont come back in fashion. Generic "shapes" I would keep, but then I'm a hoarder and always think "Oh but I might use that"!

auntginn Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all for your responses. It did help me make the decision to get rid of them. Guess I already wanted to do that but just needed some support that I would be making the right choice. I too find myself holding on to way to much stuff. Thank God for ebay!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%