Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

Baking By luellamageean Updated 8 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm by poorlittlefish

luellamageean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luellamageean Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 10:20am
post #1 of 9

Hi all.
I'm looking for a yummy vanilla cupcake recipe to make from scratch.
if you would care to share?

8 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 11:52am
post #2 of 9

Hi, here is the recipe that I use,

125g selfraisin flour
125g caster sugar
125g butter
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanila extract

This makes 12 cupcakes and slightly domes ones. If you need domed cupcakes put all the ingredients to 150g, 3 medium eggs and 2 tblspns milk. If you need flat cupcakes, put all the ingredients to 100g, 2 medium eggs, 1 tblspn milk. Bake them in 190C. Domed cc- 15-20 minutes, slightly domed - 15-18 minutes and flat cc - 12-15 minutes.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 9

I have quite a few changes, but I really like Cake Love's recipe. It's on his site.

chasingmytail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasingmytail Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 9

If you want a fresh full of flavour & light then this is a winner -
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10860/easy-vanilla-cake

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 2:43am
post #5 of 9

I use something similar to this:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Vanilla-Peppermint-Cupcakes

This is peppermint vanilla, but you can omit the peppermint and add in extra vanilla. You can also also use a vanilla bean. It's really good, super easy, and domes perfectly!

cakespender Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakespender Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 4:38am
post #6 of 9

I adore the Cupcake Projects Vanilla cupcake. It is UNREAL.

poorlittlefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poorlittlefish Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi, here is the recipe that I use,

125g selfraisin flour
125g caster sugar
125g butter
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanila extract

This makes 12 cupcakes and slightly domes ones. If you need domed cupcakes put all the ingredients to 150g, 3 medium eggs and 2 tblspns milk. If you need flat cupcakes, put all the ingredients to 100g, 2 medium eggs, 1 tblspn milk. Bake them in 190C. Domed cc- 15-20 minutes, slightly domed - 15-18 minutes and flat cc - 12-15 minutes.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

This is very similar to the recipe we used when I went on a cupcake course, except the butter, flour and sugar were all 112g (even the eggs were weighed to 112g). I found that it made a very firm sponge that went dry quickly. Should I fold the flour in manually? At my course we used the all-in-one method and the tutor said the cakes should be firm in order to take the weight of the frosting, but to me they weren't very pleasant.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 9

These cupcakes aren't dry. Its light, fluffy and moist. I mix the wet ingredients and the flour alternately to the butter and sugar mixture. I don't whether it makes any difference, but all my customers love these. icon_biggrin.gif

poorlittlefish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poorlittlefish Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm
post #9 of 9

Yes, I think your way of doing things must be better than how I was taught because surely more air is being incorporated if you cream the butter and sugar first before gradually adding the rest of the ingredients, thus contributing to a lighter texture. I'll give that a go next time and see how I get on - thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%