Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

Baking By luellamageean Updated 8 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm by poorlittlefish

luellamageean Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 10:20am
post #1 of 9

Hi all.
I'm looking for a yummy vanilla cupcake recipe to make from scratch.
if you would care to share?

8 replies
bashini Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 11:52am
post #2 of 9

Hi, here is the recipe that I use,

125g selfraisin flour
125g caster sugar
125g butter
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanila extract

This makes 12 cupcakes and slightly domes ones. If you need domed cupcakes put all the ingredients to 150g, 3 medium eggs and 2 tblspns milk. If you need flat cupcakes, put all the ingredients to 100g, 2 medium eggs, 1 tblspn milk. Bake them in 190C. Domed cc- 15-20 minutes, slightly domed - 15-18 minutes and flat cc - 12-15 minutes.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 9

I have quite a few changes, but I really like Cake Love's recipe. It's on his site.

chasingmytail Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 9

If you want a fresh full of flavour & light then this is a winner -
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10860/easy-vanilla-cake

Osgirl Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 2:43am
post #5 of 9

I use something similar to this:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Vanilla-Peppermint-Cupcakes

This is peppermint vanilla, but you can omit the peppermint and add in extra vanilla. You can also also use a vanilla bean. It's really good, super easy, and domes perfectly!

cakespender Posted 4 Mar 2012 , 4:38am
post #6 of 9

I adore the Cupcake Projects Vanilla cupcake. It is UNREAL.

poorlittlefish Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi, here is the recipe that I use,

125g selfraisin flour
125g caster sugar
125g butter
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanila extract

This makes 12 cupcakes and slightly domes ones. If you need domed cupcakes put all the ingredients to 150g, 3 medium eggs and 2 tblspns milk. If you need flat cupcakes, put all the ingredients to 100g, 2 medium eggs, 1 tblspn milk. Bake them in 190C. Domed cc- 15-20 minutes, slightly domed - 15-18 minutes and flat cc - 12-15 minutes.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

This is very similar to the recipe we used when I went on a cupcake course, except the butter, flour and sugar were all 112g (even the eggs were weighed to 112g). I found that it made a very firm sponge that went dry quickly. Should I fold the flour in manually? At my course we used the all-in-one method and the tutor said the cakes should be firm in order to take the weight of the frosting, but to me they weren't very pleasant.

bashini Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 9

These cupcakes aren't dry. Its light, fluffy and moist. I mix the wet ingredients and the flour alternately to the butter and sugar mixture. I don't whether it makes any difference, but all my customers love these. icon_biggrin.gif

poorlittlefish Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 5:38pm
post #9 of 9

Yes, I think your way of doing things must be better than how I was taught because surely more air is being incorporated if you cream the butter and sugar first before gradually adding the rest of the ingredients, thus contributing to a lighter texture. I'll give that a go next time and see how I get on - thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%