Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 11 Apr 2012 , 2:47am by Bluehue

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 4:59pm
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

I think membership has dropped because of the viruses they can't seem to get off this site.

That's what I posted early on in this thread. That was my #1 reason.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 9:10pm
post #32 of 35

I had two viruses last year and lost a computer. I'm not sure if I got them here or Facebook. What a pain to fix. You have to worry every minute about someone stealing you identity or ruining your life.

I get so much useful information from here. I hope I have give some as well.

We all know I'm not a fan of sniping, but any given menopausal day I'm given to do it myself Some days I want to shake people and scream "why are you making this so hard". I wonder if drywall or landscaping is as competitive and cakes?

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 12:22pm
post #33 of 35

Here is what you can do to prevent the viruses:

Download Firefox and make it your default browser, then install AdBlockerPro and NoScript (all free). Most viruses come through scripts, so this prevents them for the most part. You can enable scripts to appear on certain sites if necessary, as some sites require scripts to be enabled to function properly. And as always, get a good antivirus program. ESET is good as well as AVG. You can also download Malwarebytes and run that periodically. I have been virus free for several months now. Wait, computer virus free. LOL.

Annie

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 9 Mar 2012 , 4:36pm
post #34 of 35

So true Annie! I actually just switched to Chrome (FF kept killing my PC) and they have all the same blocking add ons. I know it really makes CC mad when they learn that people are on here using their site blocking their obnoxious ads, but I don't care. When they (and other websites that sell ad space) figure out a way to make money that doesn't involve killing my $2000 laptop, I'll play ball. Until then, I'll happily look at a page full of white, empty space.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 2:47am
post #35 of 35

I just posted a thread explaining why i have been MIA - nothing against CC just family issues....... which we are still working through and struggling to come to terms with.

Bluehue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%