Why Do I Never See My Cakes On The Homepage When I Post Them

Lounge By karukaru Updated 3 Mar 2012 , 5:12am by Bridgette1129

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 9

It is pretty annoying. Out of all the cakes that I have posted I have only seen one on the "most recent" cakes section. Today I added my first wedding cake and I kept on checking on the main page and never saw it. If I clicked on the "view more" recent cakes you could see it but it never showed up on the page. Any ideas as to why this happens?

8 replies
Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 1:40am
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by karukaru

It is pretty annoying. Out of all the cakes that I have posted I have only seen one on the "most recent" cakes section. Today I added my first wedding cake and I kept on checking on the main page and never saw it. If I clicked on the "view more" recent cakes you could see it but it never showed up on the page. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Nope, mine don't show either.

karukaru Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 3:47am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette1129

Quote:

What can we do? I know that I'm just a hobby baker but I am proud of my cakes and would love for them to show up on the page.

Bridgette1129 Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 5:11am
post #4 of 9
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette1129

Quote:

What can we do? I know that I'm just a hobby baker but I am proud of my cakes and would love for them to show up on the page.

So many cakes are being uploaded every minute. The turnover is so quick. And I honestly don't care if mine shows up on "new cakes". But when it's on top saved cakes, that's a different story icon_wink.gif

Debslynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debslynn Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 9

I used to think mine didn't show up either but after uploading one, I finally decided to quit checking, leave the computer for a half hour and check again. And, presto... it was there! so try again in just a bit. But not too long of a little bit! Never had one in the most saved section yet. But someday!

karukaru Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debslynn

I used to think mine didn't show up either but after uploading one, I finally decided to quit checking, leave the computer for a half hour and check again. And, presto... it was there! so try again in just a bit. But not too long of a little bit! Never had one in the most saved .section yet. But someday!

I have tried that and I have even looked in different computers, just in case, and I have only seen 1 of my cakes. I just want them to show up on the most recent. That's it.

wannabecute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabecute Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 9

This happens when I upload too. The ones that make it to the home page seem kind of random and they stay there for a while. I think it is some sort of glitch with the new web design and hope it will get figured out soon! icon_cry.gif

rosech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosech Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 2:30am
post #8 of 9

Each time I decide to check I always see mine. Always. Sometimes I refresh/reload page once or twice. They do not stay there long though. May I know the importance?

Bridgette1129 Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 5:12am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debslynn

I used to think mine didn't show up either but after uploading one, I finally decided to quit checking, leave the computer for a half hour and check again. And, presto... it was there! so try again in just a bit. But not too long of a little bit! Never had one in the most saved section yet. But someday!

I just had one on the most saved. I was amazed. I know I am not an amazing decorator yet and it was one of the most simple cakes ever! But it was a great confidence boost icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%