Disecting A Cake From A Picture

Decorating By andertoncakes Updated 5 Mar 2012 , 1:25pm by andertoncakes

andertoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andertoncakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for opinions on this picture of a "Tangled " cake. I keep looking at this picture trying to figure out if each tier is 2 cakes each. Any input would be helpful.
LL

6 replies
IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 7

they both look like 6" layers to me, three 2" rounds torted and stacked. o.o

andertoncakes Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 7

So far I have made 2- 10" cakes for the bottom and made 1- 6" cake that only measures 3 1/2". I guess I need to make all tiers 6".The top must be what you are talking about torted? The place I got the picture said that the tower was rkt. Should I make it a smaller cake and then put rkt for the remaining length of tower?

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 2 Mar 2012 , 3:26am
post #4 of 7

To me it looks like 2-10" cakes and 2-8" cakes, but if you wanted to smaller you could do 2-8" and 2-6". What the gray part of the tower looks like to me is a upside down terra cotta flower pot covered in fondant (maybe that's what they did. Line a flower pot the size you need with cling wrap, pack in some RCT , and pull it out once it's "molded"...cover with BC and add your fondant. Top could very well be RKT as well.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by debidehm

To me it looks like 2-10" cakes and 2-8" cakes, but if you wanted to smaller you could do 2-8" and 2-6". What the gray part of the tower looks like to me is a upside down terra cotta flower pot covered in fondant (maybe that's what they did. Line a flower pot the size you need with cling wrap, pack in some RCT , and pull it out once it's "molded"...cover with BC and add your fondant. Top could very well be RKT as well.

What is RCT? Rice Krispie Treats?

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 4:05am
post #6 of 7

Yes...Rice Krispy Treats. When I wrote RCT it was a typo.

andertoncakes Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all. I finished it not exactly as picture but it turned out great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%