How To Make This Cake?

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 1 Mar 2012 , 9:18pm by Unlimited

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 3

My parent's anniversary is saturday and I would love to make this cake for them. Not the top tier, just the bottom with some flowers on top.. LOVE the bottom tier and was wondering if anyone could give me a guess on what tip was used for the scroll work.. And also, is there a tutorial on how to make the small folded roses? My whole cake will be made out of buttercream, so not sure if that can be done or not but figured I would ask..

I have Wilton food coloring and americolor.. What color do you think was used to get that pretty dark/dusty pink color??

Thank you for any help!

**This cake was made by sarascakes! She did an AMAZING job on this cake and all rights to this image are hers... http://cakecentral.com/gallery/5887/romantic-roses ***
LL

2 replies
Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 3

the tip looks to be a regular round tip probably a 4 or 5 and the rose buds wilton has billions of tutorials on them. use a 104 tip to make it. good luck

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 1 Mar 2012 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 3

I agreethe stems are kind of thick, probably a #5. The entire cake is buttercream... you can pipe the rose buds directly on the cake with tip #104. If you search the Wilton site and don't find rose buds, sweet peas are very similar. Dusty Rose coloring would work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%